For businesses in Arizona, having a functioning air conditioner is important. When it is not working, employee production goes down and customers are uncomfortable. Getting quick commercial HVAC repair is imperative to get operations back up and running normally. At AccuTemp, we have almost 40 years of experience providing commercial HVAC services to clients in Phoenix and the surrounding area. We have the knowledge and skills to fix a variety of brands and issues.
Signs Commercial HVAC Repairs are Needed
There are numerous warning signs that suggest HVAC repair is needed. Some of these include
- Consistently higher energy bills
- The fan is not working
- Rumbling or banging when the system comes on
- Air smells stale, musty or burning
- Space does not cool to a specified temperature
- Leaks around A/C unit
- Excessive dust
- The unit will not turn on
Overview of Our Commercial HVAC Repair Services
When a commercial air conditioner is not working correctly, there can be a variety of things wrong. Our professional technicians are skilled at diagnosing issues and determining the most effective HVAC repair. Some of the problems they can fix include faulty parts, leaks, dirty air ducts, decreased air quality, thermostat control errors and systems failure.
When called out for repair, our technicians will go through an inspection checklist to determine the problem. Some of the things they will check include;
- A/C refrigerant – The technician will make sure the levels of refrigerant are adequate and check for any leaks.
- Electric motor – The motor may not be working efficiently due to clogged blades or dried-out axle bearings. The motor may also cause a burning smell, in which case it needs to be replaced.
- Compressor and condensing coil – There are many things that can cause the compressor or condensing coil to malfunction. Some are simple fixes, such as cleaning them or allowing for more room around the unit. The compressor may turn on and off too frequently, or there may be ice buildup on the cooling coil. These issues can be diagnosed quickly and easily.
- Filters – Sometimes an air conditioner is not functioning simply because the filters are dirty and need to be replaced. If the filters were recently replaced and are already dirty, there may be an underlying issue elsewhere.
- Dehumidifier – A commercial air conditioner not only cools the air but also reduces the humidity levels. If the temperature is correct, but space feels more humid than normal, the problem is probably the dehumidifier. Problems with humidity also occur if the unit is not the correct size for the space.
- Air Ducts – Over time, dirt, dust, and debris build up in the air ducts, which restricts air flow. Cleaning the ducts usually fixes the problem. There may also be an issue with the duct, fire, or zone dampers.
- Fans – There are numerous fans, such as on the blower unit and condenser unit, that move the cool air. If the air is not as cool as it should be, it may be due to a fan issue.
- Heat pumps – This is typically looked at first if the system is blowing hot air instead of cold.
What is Else is Included?
When you hire AccuTemp, you can be assured that no corners are cut. Our technicians use state-of-the-art technology when diagnosing the issue, and they suggest creative solutions that meet all environmental and safety guidelines while keeping your costs as low as possible. All repairs are double-checked to ensure everything was done properly and the problem will not reoccur.
Proper HVAC Maintenance Can Help Avoid Costly Repairs
Along with providing repairs for HVAC systems, we also perform regular maintenance to keep your unit running efficiently at all times. Maintaining your system also helps prevent costly repairs. One thing that business owners can do themselves is to make sure the air conditioner is not overworked. Monitor the thermostat settings so the unit does not work at its full capacity at night when no one is in the building.
For other preventive maintenance, give us a call to schedule regular visits by a technician to do the following:
- Change air filters at least once a month
- Check and clean condenser coils at least two times a year
- Lubricate the unit’s moving parts at least twice a year
- Ensure electrical components are in good working order
Why Choose AccuTemp?
When looking for an HVAC contractor, look no further than AccuTemp. The size and complexity of commercial units require technicians who know what they are doing. All of our technicians are reliable, licensed and professionally trained to perform a wide variety of commercial HVAC repair services. Customers love us, and we have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week when you call us at 602-957-3745.
Let us help you with your commercial HVAC unit. Contact us to set up an appointment, or stop by our office. We are located at 3231 E Washington St, just blocks from Sky Harbor International Airport.